Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oreo Truffles...


The countdown to Christmas has begun! One of the things I look forward to this time of year is spreading a little love and Christmas cheer to those around me. I love spending the weekend baking some unique and delicious cookies and then wrapping them in cute little festive containers to hand out to my neighbors. I found this recipe this morning and couldn't wait to share it with you all...this is one of many I'll be sharing I'm sure...


Easy OREO Truffles
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: BAKER'S Chocolate
Ready In: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 42

"These truffles are very easy and delicious. You can't go wrong with OREO, cream cheese and chocolate!"
INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) package OREO
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies,
divided
1 (8 ounce) package
PHILADELPHIA Cream
Cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER
'S Semi-Sweet Baking
Chocolate, melted
DIRECTIONS:
1.Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
2.Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
3.Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

Recipe courtesy of All Recipes


HELPFUL TIP: I used "Candi Quik" instead of bakers chocolate in this recipe. It's much easier, you can find it in the baking isle of the grocery store (or even walmart) and it has microwave instructions on the back...I LOVE IT!

So, how do you spread a little Christmas cheer with your neighbors? I'd love to hear your thoughts and am always looking for new ideas to share...

Have a beautiful weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Each one I receive is like a sweet little gift! I look forward to reading each one.