Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Celebrating A New Year And New Beginnings....

I love New Year's Eve...Don't you?   It's a time to be thankful for blessings in the past and look forward to many more in the future. It's a time to reflect on things we love about our lives and things we'd love to change in our lives. It's also a time to remember those we've lost and an opportunity to carry the beautiful memories and legacy they left us on to our children as they get older. With 2012 just a few days away, I am so excited to celebrate new beginnings!

This year hubby and I found out we are expecting our first little baby girl in April...Yaaaaaaay!  Since we're a pretty low key couple we love to just have a few friends over, or even join a few friends out for dinner to share in some laughter and make wonderful memories together. Don't get me wrong, I still gotta have a little bling with my jeans! You would think being six months pregnant I would face "certain challenges" in the wardrobe department. To my surprise, that's not the case at all. I found great maternity skinny jeans {Heidi Klum "Loved" for Motherhood Maternity} and when it comes to tops I buy empire waist "Baby Doll" blouses and long tunic style sweaters. Add a stylish thin belt to accent {above the bump}, some great jewelry and a pair of super cute flats, heels or boots....Voila! I get so many compliments on my maternity outfits. So, even though it's low key for New Year's Eve....I still love me some sparkle, and my heels...a girl's gotta have a great pair of heels! So with that said, here are a few Holiday Bling looks I'd thought I 'd share with you...

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

If jeans just aren't "your thing" for holiday bling, don't worry... 
I would never leave a girl hangin'! 
Here are a few of my favorite cocktail looks...

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

I just LOVE the pop of turquoise in this outfit, don't you? 

So, here's how to customize your own look:

First, pick a cocktail dress...

Pinned Image

Then a stunning pair of heels to complete the look...

Pinned Image

Wanna pop of color, then go for something like these...

Pinned Image

or tone down the bling and go for something like these...

Pinned Image

First, the dress...

Pinned Image

Then compliment with heels...

Pinned Image

{GASP} These are stunning! 

One more time, ready?
DRESS.....

Pinned Image

Heels...

Pinned Image

That's all there is to that! All you need is some beautiful jewelry like this 
pair of vintage inspired earrings from WhimSea Designs ...

VIVIAN- White Gold and Crystal Vintage Inspired Earrings

Pinned Image

...and you're ready to steal the show!

You can win a pair of vintage inspired WhimSea Designs earrings by entering the Holiday Bling Giveaway? You have until December 31st, 2011 to enter, so spread the word!!

Ooooh, and don't forget to bring a cute pair of flats to change in to later at the party...

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

You'll be glad you did! {Trust me on this one} 
This way you can be sure to dance the night away...in style

Have a wonderful New Year's Everyone!! 
I'm looking so forward to seeing you all next year...





Today I'm joining Kristen at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures.
Great tips on home decorating, DIY Projects and tasty recipes...stop by and say Hi!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrat's on the baby! How exciting :)
    I love all the outfits you have shared with us. I remember from my first pregnancy in 2002 to my last in 2006 the styles changed so much. I was able to get away with non pregnancy clothes for most of the time with my last because the tunics and long tee's and tanks were in. In 2002, oh gosh, you don't even want to know.
    Have a wonderful new year!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! I love your blog! I love clothes! My daughter would love your blog too... But then she would bankrupt me so maybe we should keep it a secret. Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. Happy New Year and congrats on the baby (I love babies too!) Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Each one I receive is like a sweet little gift! I look forward to reading each one.