Friday, February 24, 2012

Quite Possibly The Best Banana Bread Ever...

When it comes to Banana Bread, I've tried quite a few recipes. I came across this recipe the other day when I was looking to try something new. I have to admit the title caught my eye "No Ordinary Banana Bread". So I thought to myself....why not put it to the test and give it a try? Can I just say.....O'ma Goodness! This banana bread blew all the other recipes I've tried out of the water. It has a couple of ingredients that keep it super moist and the chocolate chips on top add a little something special. I can see this recipe will become a family favorite!


Banana Bread
¾ cup butter, softened 
2 eggs
1 ½ cup brown sugar
7 medium mashed bananas ( about 3 cups)
*Here's the secret. Substitute one of the cups of bananas with 1/2 cup crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup applesauce.
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon cinammon
2 ½ cups flour
1 (11 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream butter, eggs, brown sugar, bananas, applesauce and crushed pineapple with a mixer. Add baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour. Mix well.

Pour into 3 medium bread pans ( I like to use disposable foil pans) and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the batter. Bake at 325 for 55 minutes to 1 hour.

Go ahead, pour yourself a nice tall glass of cold milk and dig in while it's hot!
It's so moist and delicious...and really easy to make! 
Enjoy!!

Recipe courtesy of: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Each one I receive is like a sweet little gift! I look forward to reading each one.