Thursday, February 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches...

Are you ready for some football??? The Super Bowl is coming up this Sunday and like most women out there we love watching it for the entertainment and great commercials. To be honest, I just enjoy having a few close friends over and cooking up a couple of tasty treats for them to enjoy while they're sprawled out on my couches.  Here's one of my new favorites recipes I'll be making, It's so easy, Ladies...


Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches
  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I prefer and used chicken breasts)
  • 1/2 to 1 cup Caesar dressing (I used Brianna’s Asiago Caesar)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
  • pepper to taste
  • 6 pieces romaine lettuce
  • 6 hoagie style rolls or buns
  • butter
  • additional Parmesan cheese, if desired
  1. Place chicken in a slow cooker with 1 cup water.
  2. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
  3. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
  4. Remove the water from the slow cooker.
  5. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and add the dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top.
  6. Stir until well combined. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes or until heated through.
  7. Meanwhile, spread butter in the inside of the rolls and place under a broiler until toasted and golden brown.
  8. To serve top each roll with a piece of romaine, followed by the chicken mixture and addition Parmesan if desired.
Recipe adapted fromReal Mom Kitchen

You're guests will LOVE this, trust me so make a double batch! Whatever your plans are this weekend, I hope you are surrounded with lots of love, laughter and make some great memories cheering for your favorite team! As for me....I don't care who wins....as long as it's not the Patriots!! {hee, hee}







Pin It




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Each one I receive is like a sweet little gift! I look forward to reading each one.