Monday, November 28, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits...

I don't know about you but when it comes to the holidays and enjoying all the fabulous foods that come along with them...I just can't seem to get enough pumpkin! Since I have so many left over cans of pumpkin in my pantry I thought I'd make a few more delicious treats and share...

I found the pumpkin mousse recipe on this great little blog I stumbled upon called  The Tom Kat Studio. Oh my goodness, is this recipe Fabulous!!  The recipe was originally adapted from Food Network and trust me, if you love pumpkin, you will love these! They are very simple with just a few easy-to-find ingredients.  I followed a recommendation to use regular sugar, rather than superfine and it turned out great.



Ingredients

1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Ginger snaps, for garnish

Directions

Combine pumpkin, 1 cup cream, sugar and spice in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cool fully. Whip remaining heavy cream and vanilla to soft peaks and fold into cooled pumpkin mixture. After you make the mousse recipe, use these steps to create the mini parfaits:

{1} Add crumbled gingersnaps to bottom of mini parfait glasses

{2} Put the mousse in a large plastic bag. Snip off the corner and pipe a layer into the glasses

{3} Repeat step 2, but with Cool Whip

{4} Top with crushed gingersnaps

{5} Enjoy!

I can not begin to tell you how amazing this was! Hope you love it as much as I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Each one I receive is like a sweet little gift! I look forward to reading each one.